Friday 17 August 2012

SHOPPING | tops






Hey everyone!
Yesterday I went to Brighton for the day with my friends and brought quite a few things!
I'm going to Sixth Form next month and there are no uniform rules which will definitely take some getting used to!
I knew I needed to get some skinny jeans because they're simple and easy to style and perfect for sixth form, and i got some in the zara sale the other week (£40 reduced to £15 - bargain!) and then i realised, because i never wear anything but dresses, i didn't have any tops to wear with the jeans... so i splurged yesterday and got quite a few!
i also got a bottle green zip up hoodie from primark (£12) and a black skater skirt from miss selfridge (£14) but i found these really hard to photograph and its not like you have to see them to know what i'm talking about! 

1. Tie-Dye Skull Top - TopShop, £22
this has quite a slightly boxy shape which i like - i think its because the sleeves are quite oversized. i love tie-dye tshirts and i like skull tshirts but i think they're a bit over done at the moment, whereas this blends the two together and the skull itself isn't so in your face.
i brought it in TopShop, but its actually by a brand called 'workshop,' which is a brand i haven't heard of before - i may have to check them out!

2&3. White Speckly Top - TopShop, £14
they have quite a few different colours of this top but i liked this one because the speckles stand out, whereas on the others the speckles are the same colour as the top itself.
TopShop are coming out with a sort of 'basics' range from what i can see which is a bit cheaper than the rest of their things, for example these tops and the fit and flare dresses. it's not a seperate range but the items are basic and relatively cheaper!
this top is very baggy, but not too baggy, and longer at the back which makes it ideal for wearing with leggings aswell as tucking into skirts, wearing with jeans and wearing over dresses - a simple but versatile piece!

4. Primark Men's Beatles Top, £3 & Primark Men's Jimi Hendrix Top, £8
More tops! I'm prefering the men's section of Primark to the women's - especially for basics like tshirts!
I LOVE the beatles and on the label it says £8 which I was willing to pay, but when I got it to the till it was £3 which I was very happy about!
I love the colour of the Jimi Hendrix top aswell as the design. I got this one in a large and its lovely and baggy and will be perfect for tucking into my skater skirt!
Sometimes tshirts from the highstreet with music, films or celebrities on can look quite cheap and tacky i find, but I think the Beatles one looks quite vintage and I just love the Jimi Hendrix one - and they're cheaper than other ones from other shops too!
However, because they are mens, they obviously shaped for mens which if I wore with just jeans wouldn't be very flattering on my body shape - I have big hips and thighs so that would just exaggerate this! when I tried these on I tried them on with my skater skirt and they look awesome because they still flatter my shape which I love! :)

5. Zara 'Worrying' Sweater - £9.99
I got this beauty in the sale - it was down from £25.99! i love it because its quite baggy but not too oversized which I like! It says 'Worrying Solves Nothing, Believe In You' which is such a lovely saying on a lovely sweater!
Sometimes I find sweaters can be quite tight around the neck but this is more crew neck which i prefer.
Its also very versatile - i could wear it with jeans, skirts, and over dresses!

thanks reading!
maddie
xo



2 comments:

  1. The 'Worrying' jumper is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the purple !
    Kiss from Paris
    http://rocknjamie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete